Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - How long before VC retires?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 01:36 AM   #54 (permalink)
DDaring
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
Uh, not if Garbo is considered one of the Raps top 4 players in terms of value. He was gone. Debatable, given what he brought to the table.
Didn't the Raptors win something like 80% of their games after Garbajosa was injured through to the end of the regular season? I don't feel like checking, but I seem to remember that.

Quote:
I could probably look that up. But it's not the right question. How often does it happen when the higher seed is so lacking in playoff experience and is missing 2 of their top 6 players in key games. It was not a typical 3 versus 6 mathcup.
They had an NBA champion. Did the Nets have any NBA champions? I don't remember any?

Quote:
Are you now looking to focus solely on game 6?
No. He sucked the whole series. But game 6 was the biggest game of his life, and he single-handedly chucked the Raptors to the loss.

Quote:
Because that's a different point than the one you made before when calling Bosh the "main culprit". You noted his series numbers. That suggested that you were blaming him for the series.
I blamed him for the series AND game 6. I was never a Bosh fan after that.

Quote:
So, I guess you really don't believe the series was over after game 4, eh? Because when you were praising Carter's game 3 and 4 performances, you suggested it was already over.
It was over in that the Raptors were not going to overcome a 3-1 lead to win the series. At that time I thought they might, but in retrospect, no team with Bosh as their #1 scorer will ever win a playoff series. We know that now.
DDaring is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote