Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - How long before VC retires?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 01:36 AM   #51 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
Of course you didn't. Because it wouldn't make Carter look good. Again, I was trying to provide a fuller picture.
Wrong. I left it out because I was acknowledging that he didn't play well in that series. Just like you said you left out games 3 and 4 against the Raptors because you were acknowledging he played well in those games. In fact, that's pretty much exactly what you said.

The only reason they were the 6th seed is because the Nets underachieved. The Raptors also lost Garbojosa part of the way through the season. Furthermore, they didn't start the series with Bargnani, since he was hurt. And Bargs was playing well during the second half of his rookie season. Also, the Nets roster had a lot of playoffs experience, the Raptors not so much.
Impressive. Any more excuses you want to throw out there? And you left out the fact that the Nets were without their 4th best player (Nenad Kristic) for the entire series, whereas the Raptors had all of their 4 best players available for the series.

I can't believe you had the nerve to imply that 'trane is stupid
What I said was put to rest. 'trane and I even exchanged PMs about it. It was dead and buried until you and Psi mysteriously decided to resurrect it, and didn't even involve anyone else to begin with. Nobody knows why you guys did, but you did.

"Well, they were the lower seed, so they shouldn't have even won!" Nice oversimplification.
They were a lower seed without one of their top 4 players. It is not an oversimplification at all. How often does the 6th seed beat the 3rd seed?

I'm not a Bosh fan and even I see that as an oversimplification of the issue. But Bosh could have played better.
I don't think it was an oversimplification at all. Most of the rest of the team played well. Had Bosh played even average the Raptors would have won the series. Bosh shot 3-15 FG through the first 3 quarters of game 6, the most important game of his life. In the 4th quarter he settled for a jump shot that he clanked over Richard Jefferson when he had plenty of time to drive. In the ensuing play, he failed to stop RJ who took him all the way to the hoop for an easy layup. If he succeeds in either of those plays, the Raptors win the game.
DDaring is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote