Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - How long before VC retires?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 01:07 AM   #46 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDaring View Post
When I mentioned his season numbers, I was talking about his regular season numbers. I thought that was obvious. If someone posts a player's season numbers, 99 times out of 100 they are talking regular season unless they explicitly state otherwise, which I will make sure to do in the future.
I was broadening the picture to show what you left out by only focussing on the regular season. He didn't show up when it mattered. In fact, you even asked the others for examples when they criticized Carter.

Quote:
I didn't say anything about Carter's play in the playoffs except games 3 and 4 against the Raptors, and his overall numbers against in the series against the Raptors.
Of course you didn't. Because it wouldn't make Carter look good. Again, I was trying to provide a fuller picture.

Quote:
Obviously he did not play well against the Cavs. I never suggested he did.
He stank.

Quote:
Though really they shouldn't have even gotten that far in the first place. In the first round they were a 6th place team playing a 3rd place team.
The only reason they were the 6th seed is because the Nets underachieved. The Raptors also lost Garbojosa part of the way through the season. Furthermore, they didn't start the series with Bargnani, since he was hurt. And Bargs was playing well during the second half of his rookie season. Also, the Nets roster had a lot of playoffs experience, the Raptors not so much.

I can't believe you had the nerve to imply that 'trane is stupid and then come back with such a complete lack of understanding of the situation. "Well, they were the lower seed, so they shouldn't have even won!" Nice oversimplification.

Quote:
It was actually embarrassing for the Raptors that they lost that series to begin with.
See above.

Quote:
Of course Chrissy Bosh and his 39% shooting in the series was the main culprit.
I'm not a Bosh fan and even I see that as an oversimplification of the issue. But Bosh could have played better.

Last edited by Bill Haverchuck; 04-04-2011 at 01:10 AM.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote