Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - James Johnson: "If there is next season?"
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 06:32 PM   #84 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammo View Post
I can definitely see golf being tough and frustrating from scratch, but hockey starts with learning to skate, or if you are a real novice, even learning to balance on blades and move. It would take a long time not to be horrible, just to be even playing the game.

Wow, touchy subject.

I stopped playing soccer when I realized there were a zillion people at my skill level, the challenge was not there and the spark was gone.
One of the reasons I like pro hoops is that it is a group that is not simply about practicing to make it. Most of the population is disqualified from doing what they do. Can't teach anyone to be tall, and to train that height to do those things.

There's an MLSE event called one4one that brings together the 4 teams. I saw Reggie on raptors.com yesterday. Im sure Reggie did not know he was being politically incorrect when he said he met the soccer players and said he was wondering if they were grown men and they didn't look like athletes to him. But I still laughed.
I can attest to the hockey thing. I stoped playing hockey when i was 18yrs old after bone spur surgery on both my heels. Anyway about 10yrs later i decided to join a pickup league and it was as if i had never skated in my life. lol
It took a couple games before it starting coming back.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote