Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - James Johnson: "If there is next season?"
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 04:17 PM   #83 (permalink)
Ammo
Jimmy Butler IS The Phantom Menace.

Lackey

Representing:
Raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I've played a lot of sports, and I would say that golf is one of the hardest to get good at. Hockey I found farely easy to get the hang of, for me at least. Everyone is different with coordination and everyone has specific skills if athletically inclined at all. I think all sports have their difficulties to learn and it all depends on the individual and their strengths as to wether or not they learn quickly for any particular sport. So to say one sport is harder to learn depends on the person learning it. Another thing I find is that when I was growing up I played sports 5 nights a week outside with friends, on top of organized sports, sports at school. It was constant, and you don't see that nearly as much now. A lot less ball hockey is being played, a lot less box ball being played, a lot less pick up football being played. The more sports you get into the more adaptable you are and the quicker you can pick up any sport.

I can definitely see golf being tough and frustrating from scratch, but hockey starts with learning to skate, or if you are a real novice, even learning to balance on blades and move. It would take a long time not to be horrible, just to be even playing the game.

Wow, touchy subject.

I stopped playing soccer when I realized there were a zillion people at my skill level, the challenge was not there and the spark was gone.
One of the reasons I like pro hoops is that it is a group that is not simply about practicing to make it. Most of the population is disqualified from doing what they do. Can't teach anyone to be tall, and to train that height to do those things.

There's an MLSE event called one4one that brings together the 4 teams. I saw Reggie on raptors.com yesterday. Im sure Reggie did not know he was being politically incorrect when he said he met the soccer players and said he was wondering if they were grown men and they didn't look like athletes to him. But I still laughed.
Ammo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote