Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - E. Smith: Teachers apparently don't want Colangelo back
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 09:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
at MSG failing a pointless 360 degree dunk during a losing streak

I can honestly say that I do have a problem with it. For as much as they all say they are professionals, I think part of the package here for players being in NBA Siberia is that they have been sold a bill of goods by one man that says they are a core that is staying together to build something. I think being settled helps you to get through crap seasons.

Now you have a cloud hovering over your head that says you may be getting new ownership, anyone from Isiah Thomas to Rob Babcok's brother Bob to Joe (I blew it) Dumars coming in here as the GM, bringing in any coach that would accept that scenario and the shuffling of the deck chairs that is to follow. And each and every on of them is going to have to learn the ropes and make their mistakes again. One of them being holding on to and appeasing stars that are humming and haw-ing about being here. And it can be argued that this kind of turbulence that was the catalyst for Stoudemire, Carter and McGrady leaving.

And for anyone that thinks they are waffling because they looking to bring in management stars, I am having a hard time believing that. Don't forget that it was Colangelo who wanted to spend to build this team while Bosh was here but the fiscal overlords overruled.

Last edited by Deez; 03-28-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Deez is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote