Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - E. Smith: Teachers apparently don't want Colangelo back
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 06:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Representing:
Raptors E. Smith: Teachers apparently don't want Colangelo back

Something tells me Colangelo won't be our GM after the Draft, or maybe even prior to that. The issue there is, if that's the case with everything else going on will they be able to properly search for a good replacement? I don't like the sounds of this one bit and if we end up with another Babcock type of situation i'll start to really lose interest in this team.

Quote:
From everyone I’ve talked to today … Colangelo has NOT be re-signed.

According to all of the folks I (and Jonesy) have spoken to no extension has been offered yet … let alone signed.

According to my sources (and this has all been talked about in this space and on the air already) … the Feschuk article is still the most accurate depiction of what is happening. It basically goes something like this:

Larry Tanenbaum (and Richard Peddie?) wants BC back. The Teachers aren’t so sure. Silvestri especially. And because of the votes the Teachers have on the board … if they truly want to hold back on re-signing Colangelo, they can. At the very least … they can make it difficult for Larry (and Richard?).

1. You’ve got a GM - Colangelo - whose contract expires on June 30.
2. His new contract - if it’s coming - is being held up by an ownership group (the Teachers) that may not even be the owners when June 30 rolls around!
3. But if the Teachers are around still … they apparently don’t want the current GM.
4. However, will the other owner(s) — i.e. Tanenbaum — allow an out-going ownership group to control who the future GM/Pres. of the organization will be!?

And oh by the way … there’s a lockout (potentially) coming too!
FAN590 - Blogs - The Rap Blog Archive Not Done Yet

Last edited by jeffb; 03-28-2011 at 06:14 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote