Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - I just have to know....
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 02:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
Ammo
Jimmy Butler IS The Phantom Menace.

Lackey

Representing:
Raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
The fossilized Ray Allen is the starting 2 guard on the team favored to win the Championship. Barbosa comes off the pines on the worst team in the NBA.
Not fossilized, soon to be. If you are building, why trade valuable assets to bring in a guy who could fall off a cliff in a year or 2. If he was a 22 million expiring, maybe better, but not even then.

Allen's where he belongs anyway....surrounded by a good veteran team with good role players. I would not want to see him spend a whole year of abuse trying to carry a crap team for 40 min a game to 9th place in the east.

I just meant, continuing with youth, is there anyone out there that is kind of a known commodity that can be added at a position of need? Only for example, would a team cough up a Marc Gasol or Hibbert for Barbosa and a high lottery pick (assuming we don't win it). Then there is still money to spend in free agency, hand picked at a different position of need.
Ammo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote