Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Julian Wright refused to play in Golden State blowout
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #23 (permalink)
AR1815
set adrift on a memory bliss of you.

Reptars

Representing:

I tuned in halfway through the 2nd quarter, so maybe I'm being too harsh, but my issue with Triano last night wasn't just the defense - which was just not played.

We were down by a lot at the half, but it wasn't a lost cause. What we needed was a clear strategy to get the team back in it - drive to the hoop, get fouled, slow down the game to prevent runouts... Basically, we needed plays to be executed. Perhaps this is partly Bayless' fault, but I didn't see the Raptors run more than 5 plays. The ball goes into the corner and people are just standing... no cuts to the basket, off-ball picks, anything.

GS wasn't playing lockdown D - though they were pumped up and playing hard. We were just making it easy for them by not running plays, which, for me, ultimately falls on the coach. It's just so frustrating seeing him sit on the bench, we're down by 40+, and he looks like he just doesn't give a fuck. I know it's not all about looking like you care, but god damn, man, show some desire to at least not embarrass yourself and the team. The locker room conversation at halftime must have pumped the team up in order to produce this shot chart:

He must have not let them on on the fact that they just gave up the most points in a half, ever, and that fucking around and jacking up random shots was the way to keep playing. Honestly, I was expecting him to get fired right after the game, but alas...
AR1815 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote