Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Roster Comparison: 2006-'07 Raptors vs. 2008-'09 Raptors
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 08:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
bartron_44
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

I think if you take into account the improvements Calderon has made with becoming more comfortable with the NBA style of game over the past 2 years you can say that this years tandem is definately as good or better then 06-07. I have not seen much of solomon, but someone on this thread seems to think pretty highly of him (or very low of TJ..lol). Regardless, Jose is MUCH better now then he was then, IMO he is much better then TJ at running an offense and playing defense. Therefore IMO we have a better starter then 2 years ago, and Ukic seems solid from what I have seen, and if nothing else, at 6'5, will be able to come in and play defense and distribute the ball. So we still have a solid backup as well. On top of this, we have no more argument over who should start, which is also a big upgrade as team turmoil is an unmeasurable disruption to team performance on the court.

My vote 08-09 > 06-07 Tj could be good at times, but he could also be cancer at times when he tried to take over games. He had some people angry with him last year when he started forcing shots down the stretch instead of just running the offense like a PG should. He also is a liability on defense , and a walking injury waiting to happen.
bartron_44 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote