Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The trip to the dentist
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong

I hadn't been in ages either due to a fear I'd developed over the years but I went this past October and it was fine. I had a couple cavities and I'm scheduled for a root canal after a tooth that had been problematic ever since I had my braces yanked off in 1992 finally kicked the bucket last week which caused some pretty intense pain.

I hate the needles too but I didn't feel it after the dentist rubbed another area of my gums. It's some trick they do.

Just remember to mention your phobia. They have their specific ways of dealing with patients like us and they've seen it a million times before. My dentist told me one guy was so scared, he stood in the corner of the room and cried. So they've seen it all.

Dentists will do everything they can to make it a pain-free, comfortable experience. The last thing they want is someone going off and telling everyone how horrible their experience was.

Wisdom teeth are tricky because of where they are and the fact they might be impacted. You wouldn't feel any pain during but you'd feel a dull ache after, the severity of which would depend on how complicated the tooth position was.
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote