Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - "our economy is not a political game"
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
'trane
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

Representing:
Default "our economy is not a political game"

so we seem to be days away from an election call. i need to let off some steam.

how can steve possibly be so underhanded that he can build his entire budget around forcing the opposition into defeating it, and then claim that the 'economy is not a political game'? i suppose this is either a shrewd move or the worst kind of partisan muddying of the process, depending on which side of the fence you sit.

this was most certainly a budget designed to this end. it contained no substantive concessions towards the demands of the opposition parties, but just enough little usless tidbits that he can claim that the opposition is opposed to education, arts and tax breaks. realistically, these 'concessions' added up to almost nothing for the average taxpayer, but it's just enough that he can make bold faced accusations that have no bearing on the platforms of those other parties.

and yet he is standing up for the economy while the others are playing games with our economy? please...

and to invoke the tsunami, lybia and the middle east as reasons to why we shouldn't go into an election when it is his party that is tabling this election-forcing budget is lower than even i thought he could go.

i am losing faith in the political system in our country. if a government as corrupt and power hungry as harper's tories manages to get elected again amidst this sham of a budget, i hold little hope for the next few years.

harperites - flay me as you will.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote