Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - another discussion about religion
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 12:16 PM   #205 (permalink)
bjjs
a baller

Representing:

I got agitated when my girlfriend and her sunday tv-church watching mom taught my son how to pray at night and sing amen, which besides being really cute seeing a 18 month child singing amen, was concerning to me because there is no way he can comprehend anything spiritual at the moment. It seemed like teaching him to put his hands together and sing amen were the first steps into transforming him into a preachy jesus freak.

Of course that's just me being paranoid, I've come to embrace this nightly routine as it will open up doors down the road for conversation on spirituality and religion that might never of been opened up.

A year ago I would of been firmly against teaching my son anything religious, thinking these were adult choices he could make as he became educated and aware of various cultures and religions, consequences being that we might not of had many if any conversations on "god". However I've come to realize it's definitely important to open him up to that line of thought as young as possible, but doing so without imposing labels on what his independent spirituality might become.

Last edited by bjjs; 03-22-2011 at 12:41 PM.
bjjs is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote