Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - another discussion about religion
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 12:11 PM   #203 (permalink)
Aar_Canada
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by archie63 View Post
I'm not sure at all if there's life after life, if we go to heaven or rot six feet under. But Just one question: what's the meaning of a good life if there's no reward? It's just the good life itself that justifies a good life? Maybe we live for our children then we have no individual meaning? And if so, if there're no children?
Just a question
Once you remove from your life the idea that there's someone/thing/force who will dole out the reward, you've got to figure all of that out. I think a 'good life' is the norm. I think most people live good lives.

For some unknown reason, we're here and that's really where it ends for me. I have a tough time admitting that, but I can't help but think this is all there is. I've had a really tough time coming to terms with it over the past few years. I don't like it and I don't like thinking about it. It's made me horrendously sentimental and this idea that all my memories will rot away with my body is something I can't stomach. I've also formed ridiculous theories in a futile attempt to preserve or restart my old way of thinking - that there has to be something after - but common sense is an unforgiving jackass.
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote