Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - another discussion about religion
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 12:11 PM   #203 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong

Originally Posted by archie63 View Post
I'm not sure at all if there's life after life, if we go to heaven or rot six feet under. But Just one question: what's the meaning of a good life if there's no reward? It's just the good life itself that justifies a good life? Maybe we live for our children then we have no individual meaning? And if so, if there're no children?
Just a question
Once you remove from your life the idea that there's someone/thing/force who will dole out the reward, you've got to figure all of that out. I think a 'good life' is the norm. I think most people live good lives.

For some unknown reason, we're here and that's really where it ends for me. I have a tough time admitting that, but I can't help but think this is all there is. I've had a really tough time coming to terms with it over the past few years. I don't like it and I don't like thinking about it. It's made me horrendously sentimental and this idea that all my memories will rot away with my body is something I can't stomach. I've also formed ridiculous theories in a futile attempt to preserve or restart my old way of thinking - that there has to be something after - but common sense is an unforgiving jackass.
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote