Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Bargnani is becoming more accepting of coaching now
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 12:11 PM   #53 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick, Wicked and Nasty! View Post
Percentage is definitely better...but we have far better people taking those shots this year over the ones taking them last year(mo, garbo < kapono, delfino). This year's team gets more transition threes(kapono) and off the dribble threes(delfino) then last year when it was either mo or parker in the corners or andrea at the top waiting set and firing. Wouldnt' you like to see both options in use at the same time??? I sure would.

My point is we should be taking more of those wide open ones... we take a lot more forced shots in general and the overall shooting percentage is down.
I could give you this argument: kapono last year played with the greatest slasher of them all, d-wade. He shot 49% from 3pt. This year, he's playing with Jose, and he's shooting 50%. His shooting percentage didn't drop, ergo he gets just as many good looks as he did last year. So then what's the point of your argument? There are more than one way to get a 3pt shooter a good look. Driving and kicking is just one of them.
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote