Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - NCAA Basketball
Thread: NCAA Basketball
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 09:18 PM   #373 (permalink)
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevBuck25 View Post
nope thats wrong
he had his boot taken off about or over a month ago, but he had kept it around incase he had lingering pain (i read the Duke scout message board often about him) and the Duke Coaches have told players Irving is not comming back this year, i think the Coaches know more then your freinds
Hmm...I guess the coaches don't know as much now?

KYRIE IRVING WILL PLAY TOMORROW
Quote:
CHARLOTTE, N.C. Duke played the entire regular season without dropping out of the top five in the Associated Press rankings, won the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament last Sunday and earned a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament mostly without the services of arguably its best player.

Now hes back.

The player is point guard Kyrie Irving, who went down with a toe injury eight games into his freshman season. He will play on Friday when No. 1 Duke faces No. 16 Hampton in a West region second-round game at Time Warner Cable Arena. Duke Coach Mike Krzyzewki said he did not know how many minutes Irving would play against Hampton, only that he would not start.

We want to play the way weve been playing and integrate him into what were doing, Krzyzewski said Thursday before the team practiced. Hes a really smart player. The game comes easier to great players than other players, and this kid will be a great player. He wont be a great player tomorrow, but hes got a great talent hes got great character. Hes a very special guy.

For Irving, it has been a long time coming.

Im really excited, said Irving, who averaged 17.4 points, 5.1 assists and 3.8 rebounds in eight games before the injury. It feels like Im learning to ride my bike again. Been off it for a while. Im really excited to get out there on the court. It feels good.
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote