Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - ESPN Insider - Rookie Watch: Biggest surprises
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 11:00 AM   #18 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10gizzle View Post
I agree with this.

We should stay young, cheap and low risk. No sense in getting a big contract to limit what we can do with our roster. Thing is, C's are at a premium (as always), and to get one of the brand names would cost us a lot.

Guys like Oden, Chandler, Dalembert are good options I think. Won't command a huge salary and are those mobile, shot blocking presences we're looking for.

I still say we deal Bargnani and some kind of pick to get Bogut. Pipe dream, I know, but damn it would be nice.
Real pipe dream, since they have Bargnani (lite?) in Ilyasova.

I'm off the trade Bargnani band-wagon for now. He still gets 'some' respect calls and really he's a vet on a young team which is pretty important too. I'd look to trade him 2 years down the road (maybe sooner) when we have pieces everywhere and we'd be ok without him offensively and he'd bring a void we need, similar to how Stackhouse was traded by Detroit for Rip, who was a perfect fit for that team.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote