Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Position that most needs to be addressed on the court
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #20 (permalink)
thought
jonas smellandchewthis

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Oh hell no. Not even close. But I think you have something to work with in Davis. Not sure what, but he's something. I think if you nurture him as a true PF and have Amir backing him up I think your PF position is set.

C, well that's why I'm a proponent of bringing in Oden. It COULD be a big upgrade there but might not improve for awhile.

To me, when we roll out Weems, Johnson and Kleiza that's a horrendous position to be in with the SF position, possibly the worst in the league. I wouldn't say Jose is worse in the league.
you're right, but the PG position is also overrated by a lot of guys. not to say it isn't important because it is, and i think the PG serves a purpose, it's just not as significant to the overall success of the team as some people make it out to be. IMO a point guard is there to be a knock-down shooter and get the right guys the ball when they need it. jose does that. derek fisher is the worst starting point guard in the league (on paper) but he stays employed by a championship squad because he does those things well.

when was the last time a team carried by a superstar PG won? stockton and malone never won. payton and kemp. williams and boozer. paul and west. chicago could end up being the exception at some point in the next few years but the jury's still out.
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote