Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Kyrie Irving vs. Kemba Walker
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 12:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
thought
jonas smellandchewthis

Representing:
Default Kyrie Irving vs. Kemba Walker

The popular opinion among Raptor fans seems to be that it's Kyrie Irving or bust this year. Fair enough, he's a sexy prospect, but it's looking less and less likely that he'll be available whenever we end up drafting. With Kyrie coming out and saying he'll probably be playing in the tournament, I think teams will be all over him come draft time.

So, point guard prospect plan B, Kemba Walker. I don't know how this guy is flying under the radar on draft boards. Forget his field goal percentage and the number of shots he puts up, dude is carrying 5 freshmen in a 9 man rotation, and teams are sending doubles at him at the three point line because there isn't a guard in the country that won't have his soul eaten by this guy when he wants to break you down. His shot-creation abilities are big-league, and he's got next-level athleticism.

People liken him to Stephen Curry in that they're seen as shoot-first point guards, but IMO Walker is a lot further ahead than Stephen Curry was when he was drafted. Walker is quicker, faster, stronger, handles the ball better, gets to the rim with ease, and has better court vision.

If I'm BC and Kemba Walker is on the clock when my name is called, I'm picking him. He's running with and carrying a group of freshmen now, I think he'd be a perfect fit right beside our young guys.
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote