Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Love's Double-Double Streak Broken
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 10:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneironaught View Post
Well, I don't mean that all his stats were gained during garbage time. But his streak would've ended much, much earlier if he didn't have the benefit of playing against deep bench players for the entire fourth quarter at certain times. The T-Wolves season became dedicated to the streak -- once it reached a relatively impressive stature.
Entire 4th quarter? How often does that happen, seriously? I understand what you're saying, but he is 22yrs old and i would say that most of his double doubles were achieved by halftime or he was very close a lot of the time by halftime. At least it has always seemed that way to me. This guy has thirteen 20+ rebound games. That's insane any way you slice it for a player that age. I agree with you that his numbers are skewed due to the team he plays on, but shit 16rpg is an amazing accomplishment for his age and i would say that on a good team he'd be right around 12rpg anyway. I just don't think most of his double doubles are due to him playing garabage time.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote