Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Ed Davis
Thread: Ed Davis
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 03:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint

Representing:

It's easy for him in that he is able to stay a little ahead of the play on defense, like a short stop or a goalkeeper. He instinctively knows where he will need to be and what he will need to do if a,b or c happens, and let's muscle memory do the job for him. That kind of thing is only going to get better. If he doesn't need to process everything so much in his brain, then the muscle memory and instincts are just going to be further reinforced and improved. Adding to the ease of his game are great hands for a big man. He finishes so well around the basket and has the ability to be a good passer.

What I look forward to more than seeing what becomes of him after adding some weight, is seeing what he is able to do with his legs at 100 percent. I think we've only seen a fraction of his athleticism. In a way I think that might help him in the long run. It's forced him to let the game come to him a bit, and get him to be a little crafty in spots. If he puts everything together, including some improved footwork (which is already pretty good) the guy could be a really big impact player.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote