Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Why does time pass so fast?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 05:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Aar_Canada
is pounding the rock!

Captain Ding Dong

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
I hated the passing of my childhood, and got really nostalgic, and depressed that it was gone. What I learned was to do everything possible to keep from being so nostalgic. The past is past. And the future presents all kinds of needless worries. Learn to love slowness. Find some time to be a total slacker. If you can manage to do so, be a slacker full-time. Time will continue to speed up, but it's not so bad if you don't allow yourself to think about it.
I think that's the key - keeping it out of your mind. Easier said than done for some of us though. And I'm guessing it's more prevalent in those prone to depression and introversion. I sometimes feel like I'm still a little kid who's shocked that he's this age. Like, how did this happen where suddenly the end went from being eons away to something that you can actually see?

I was yammering on to a friend once about it and he actually stopped me and said, "Man, you're depressing!" and it's true. But, y'know, that's how I think.
Aar_Canada is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote