Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - just something to think about with the oneal trade
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 11:45 AM   #21 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Like I said, I'm not gonna get too far into this. I could go into detail about both players complete games, but why we have battered this to death.

I'm on record saying many wonderful things about Ford. Period.

But to save time and enrergy, you have to narrow it down to the issues that the whole thing came down to. Calderon is a team PG, and Ford, is not.

Thats it. One is Pass first, one is shoot first. One guy was good at creating

There is no need to vebally destrtoy the issue, it's been done to death.

Keep it simple I always say, I have never seen the value in repeating things you have already covered.

It's been decided, in the Raptor camp, that Calderon is th ebetter fit to make both the team, and his mates better, if the reasons are only just barely different, they are still different, and shot selection, and a tendancy to freeze his offence and kill his shooters rhythm went against Ford. You and I both know that the actual reasons this happen are much more complex, but if you are hoping to utilize outside shooting, you simply MUST have a guard that keeps your snipers hands active, both with simple ball swings, and open looks.

Happy now?

Cranky ole bastard.

Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote