Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Who are your top 5 highest potential guys
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
EggsToTheBBQ
useless

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTYNAS View Post
Man. Donatas is crazy work ethic, he is growing by days, he can't defend physical pfs? Yeah, 2 years ago. Look at him now. His getting ripped faster than Jonas, Jan and Enes all together. Look at his rebound/block shots numbers last year and this year. Boost.
I know he has weaknesses but look at his strengths. You can't teach that. Damn bully type confidence, work ethic, extremely aggressive on offense, good hands and foot work, 7 foot tall, natural post scorer with range, ran the floor like a gazelle.
I am number one Jonas fan, never was a fan of Donatas, but come on, no Euro has half of potential Donatas has.
DraftExpress NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Donatas Motiejunas, Stats, Comparisons, and Outlook

0.5 blocks per game IN EUROLEAGUE. Also:
Quote:
Motiejunas unfortunately still struggles with the two very important areas that were pinpointed early on in his career as being major weaknesses: defense and rebounding. His defensive rebounding numbers have actually gotten worse this season, now down to a paltry 3.2 per-40 minutes, which ranks him dead last in the entire Italian league amongst both power forwards and centers.
I agree that Donatas has a rare skill set. Unfortunately, that's not the foundation of a successful NBA career.

I'm not hating on Donatas, I wish him the best, but if the Raptors selected him I think it would be a terrible pick. He's a high risk pick AND he doesn't fit with the team's needs and direction.
EggsToTheBBQ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote