Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Who are your top 5 highest potential guys
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 07:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
MARTYNAS
some creepy guy

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggsToTheBBQ View Post
You're only looking at one side of the game.

Donatas has shown no ability to guard North American PFs, and no ability to guard North American SFs. Jonas and Enes have both shown the ability to guard North American players at PF and C. They're both very aggressive and physical players. I won't talk about Jan Vesely except to say that his athleticism is good by Euroleague standards, but in the NBA he'll need to rely on his skills and BBIQ (which I haven't seen evidence of).

Honestly, can you imagine Donatas ever guarding a physical NBA PF? I can't. It would have to be a total transformation of attitude, body, skill set and training.

Unless Donatas either bulks up or becomes far more athletic he's got euro bust written all over him.
Man. Donatas is crazy work ethic, he is growing by days, he can't defend physical pfs? Yeah, 2 years ago. Look at him now. His getting ripped faster than Jonas, Jan and Enes all together. Look at his rebound/block shots numbers last year and this year. Boost.
I know he has weaknesses but look at his strengths. You can't teach that. Damn bully type confidence, work ethic, extremely aggressive on offense, good hands and foot work, 7 foot tall, natural post scorer with range, ran the floor like a gazelle.
I am number one Jonas fan, never was a fan of Donatas, but come on, no Euro has half of potential Donatas has.
MARTYNAS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote