Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Bargnani vs Nowitzki.... the stats.
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 10:37 AM   #17 (permalink)
EggsToTheBBQ
useless

Representing:

Dirk scores far more efficiently than Bargs and he's a far superior rebounder if you look at his career numbers. Also, I don't feel that Dallas is particularly strong without Dirk. His impact on a successful team is undeniable, something that Bargs has never achieved.

I'm not a big fan of player comparisons in general. This particular comparison comes up a lot, but Dirk is a much higher quality player than Bargnani has ever shown to be. Bargs still has room to grow, though. Perhaps a fairer comparison would be Antoine Walker. Walker gives up a little to Bargs in terms of offensive efficiency, but he was a better rebounder. I would put Bargs on the same level as Antoine Walker.

I don't think that Bargs has had his breakout season yet. I have been saying for a number of years now that Bargs will show up to training camp one season looking in great shape, and that will be his breakout season. I haven't seen his conditioning improve much if any since his rookie season. He really doesn't have the body of a successful NBA PF.

Last edited by EggsToTheBBQ; 03-03-2011 at 10:42 AM.
EggsToTheBBQ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote