Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Blake Griffin couldn't afford to lose the dunk contest
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 03:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
BballWatcher
kicking himself for being so emotionally invested in the Roller-coaster Raptors

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorman View Post
Doesnt prove it was fixed (although I think it was).

A lot of organizations prepare releases based on probable events. This one just got away earlier than wanted. Call it a send-fukk.
No it doesn't prove anything, but it's highly suspicious, and if the shoe fits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex2k View Post
Of course it was rigged

Blake was in it why? - All the hype - new face of the NBA

Derozen was in it why? - For the entire canadian fan base to keep interested and watch and a hometown kid
Serge Ibaka - International Flavour? - keep the rest of the world interested

Javale Mcgee - Plays for one of the worst teams with the worst track record (player track record & team record wise) for the last how long now?

Who gets to pick these contestants? Setup no?
Perhaps I'm jaded, but the NBA couldn't give a flying fuck about Canada. DeRozan was in it because he's simply one of the best young dunkers in the NBA. He's from SoCal, so he was really the hometown kid in this contest.

Serge Ibaka I think was kind of in because the international angle and also because he and Javale McGee are atypical dunk contest contestants - much taller than usual. McGee is a crazy athlete and I believe the first 7' dunk contestant in NBA history.
BballWatcher is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote