Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - ratliff signs with philly
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 06:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
Adequate Swag
is pounding the rock!

RF Affiliate

Representing:

They will be affected, but less so because they made a dramatic upgrade. Yes, you can say that no one knows how much they'll actually improve, but they added an all star to a position where they started Reggie Evans last year. It's an improvement.

All I said originally was that, as opposed to the Sixers, we did not add a major talent in the offseason following a surprisingly good season. That makes a big difference. I don't see how you can argue that.

I didn't twist your point at all. I simply pointed out a major difference between the Raptors a year ago and the Sixers right now. That's all I've done throughout this entire discussion.

I didn't intend this to become any sort of argument. I wasn't trying to attack your comparison or anything, because in essence you're correct. All I wanted to say was that Philly is a very solid team. Better, in my opinion, than the Raptors of a year ago. That's it...it was meant more as an add on to your comment than an argument. The don't kid yourselves comment was meant to imply that people who don't think that Philly could be right there with the Raptors for second in the Atlantic could very well be unpleasantly surprised.
Adequate Swag is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote