Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - ratliff signs with philly
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 05:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Adequate Swag
is pounding the rock!

RF Affiliate

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuggleBled View Post
okay, you're a big douchebag

two seasons ago we took the league by surprise

last season teams took us seriously

last season the sixers took the league by surprise

this year, regardless of brand, teams will prepare for them.

teams like the pistons won't sleep on them

get it?

is it that hard?
Well I've gotta say I disagree with your first point.

Anyway...I understand your comparison. I always understood it.

I'm saying it's not an apt comparison, because Philly got much better between seasons, where as the Raptors did not.

You're saying Philly is in trouble, as the Raps were, because teams are going to pay more attention to them next season. That's fine. You're correct to a degree.

I'm saying Philly is in significantly less trouble than the Raps due to the fact that they added an all star, which the Raps did not. So, you see, it is likely that they will not experience the same dip the Raptors did last year for two reasons. 1) They improved 2) They didn't have as good a record as we did in the first place.

Philly will be less affected by teams preparing for them than the Raptors were because they improved, while the Raptors did not.

Please explain to me how that is incorrect.

And as for me being a douchebag, my original "don't kid yourselves" comment was not directed at you specifically. It was in fact directed at the multiple people who have been saying they think Philly has a good roster but won't do well. You're the one who chose to respond with attitude. I say the exact same thing you did and I'm a douchebag? Why? For disagreeing?
Adequate Swag is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote