Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - David Aldridge would like to see an ASG in Toronto
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 02:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Acie
landry fields forever

Administrator

Representing:
Arrow David Aldridge would like to see an ASG in Toronto

Quote:
Q: What are your thoughts on the possibility of the NBA All-Star weekend happening in Toronto sometime soon? ... Toronto isn't exactly a slouch when it comes to hosting world-class international events. I think it'd be a resounding success!

Please tell me who I see about this, Kiran. I miss the regular trips to the 416 that came in the early, Vince and T-Mac days. I don't think weather would be any more of a factor there than in, say Minneapolis and Salt Lake City, two cities that have hosted All-Star games in the last 20 years. (There was a near blizzard in SLC in '93, but that didn't stop folks from enjoying themselves.) I asked the league about this on Friday and was told that they don't believe the powers that be in Toronto have ever applied to host an ASW. It's always a hassle for cities and owners to host the weekend, because they have to invariably displace season-ticket holders who expect tickets to the game and the Saturday night events, and either don't get them or are pushed up into the rafters. But Toronto is one of my favorite NBA cities and I'd love to be up there for an All-Star.
LINK - NBA.com
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote