Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Who are your top 5 highest potential guys
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 07:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Snooch
is back baby

Large and in charge

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevBuck25 View Post
Perry Jones has been getting dominated night in and night out, he's a late 2nd pick if it wasnt for the name on the back of the jersey, kids has zero talent and the guards dont get him the ball because he cant score enough to win
the article I posted was written February 9th so obviously a majority of sports writers still feel he is a top prospect.

And to compare his numbers in games in which he gets at least 9 shots up:

16.5ppg on 57.5% shooting on 11.8 shots
4.25fta(not a good free throw shooter)
7.35rpg
1ast
.65spg
.95bpg

Pretty damn solid numbers imo. Needs to improve his shooting and defense but he has all the tools at his diposal.(playing out his natural position of sf I might add although on offense he tends to be a sf but on defense he has to try to be pf)

Lets compare him to probably the best pf coming out of college, sullinger.

19.6ppg on 56.4% shooting on 12.9 shots.
7.1 fta
10.5rpg
1ast
1spg
.5bpg

Lets compare him to Terrence Jones, a SF

17.5ppg on 45.5% on 13.5 shots
6fta
9rpg
1.5apg
1.2spg
1.9bpg

To say he is a second round pick is absolutely ridiculous. He is a top talent in the draft right now. Easily top 3 or 4 depending upon who is picking. I personally prefer Terrence Jones because he brings some things the team could definately use but Perry Jones is a potential star in the league, and coming out of this weak draft that is nothing to thumb your nose about.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote