Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Bargnani Dilemma
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 06:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
LightsOut
finding your post helpful

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moujik View Post
He stretches the floor, making lanes for driving. Without Bargnani on the floor teams pack it in and if either Barbosa, Jose or Jerryd are not shooting well, we struggle to score.
On the defensive end he's abysmal. If he hedges he stops round our 3-pt line not bothering TRYING to recover, in the post he gets abused. He doesn't box out, even though he's NOT athletic and can't leap up rebounds. He doesn't react at all very often, just watches Amir fight a losing battle against Bargnani's guy who hasn't been boxed out.

The biggest problem is they're trying to make Bosh out of Bargnani. It was good job not to keep him on the short leash 2 years ago for his confidence. But now! All Triano and Collangelo have talked about is commitment to the D. And how can you send any message through when you let Bargnani get away with any lack of effort?! No matter how great you are offensively you cannot succeed without being able to make consecutive stops on D. And we're not capable of that, while Bargnani is playing, unfortunately.

I can only see two possible ways: Having Andrea as an impact player of the bench, which isn't happening at TO in the near future.
Alternatively, play Nelly ball, entertain, but lose a couple of seasons, which would be better but is not an option.
So the second option is move him and give head to DeRozan instead.
I'm sorry, I'm just so frustrated watching us crumble and Bargnani becoming untouchable.
Do you have better solutions?
LightsOut is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote