Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Oakley lays into Toronto fans
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 06:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Representing:
Raptors Oakley lays into Toronto fans

The last part...........

Quote:
Oakley let loose Tuesday morning on a number of topics — including the fans in Toronto, Bryan Colangelo’s strategy of building around a three-point shooting centre and the Carmelo Anthony trade.

When asked why it seems star players in Toronto often aren’t embraced by the fan-base the way hard workers like Oakley and Reggie Evans usually are, Oakley first corrected this scribe by saying about Evans: “We’re not even in the same conversation but go ahead ...” before giving his always unique take.

“When I first came to Toronto I told (the fans) my thing was, make the team better every year and that’s what I did,” explained Oakley.

“They are into the numbers and the hype but then when the hype leaves, they get mad at the person.

“Like (Chris) Bosh, they boo him. Why boo him? Why boo Vince (Carter), Tracy (McGrady)? I mean, why boo any of us? We didn’t do nothing wrong, we didn’t trade ourself, management did that.”

Oakley disses Toronto fans for booing | Basketball | Sports | Toronto Sun
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote