Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - What's hurt this team more?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 12:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
highonpsi
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

3 in the Key - Raptors' Game-Day Preview vs. Bobcats - Raptors HQ

Quote:
For myself and other Raptors' fans, the Bosh wound was ripped open again late last night after hearing about the details of the Nuggets-Knicks trade. Here was a situation akin to that of the Raps with Bosh last year, and this time, the team that held the superstar, refused to be held for ransom, ensuring they received some sort of return as opposed to seeing their franchise-piece, walk for essentially nothing.

Hindsight is indeed 20/20, but it should be crystal clear now that Bryan Colangelo screwed up royally in not moving Bosh prior to last year's trade deadline.

Did he try and not find any suitable offers?

I doubt it.

With the way the media is now days, I'm highly skeptical much of an attempt was made; we would have heard about it.

Was Colangelo duped into thinking Bosh was sticking around?

Possibly.

But at the same time, it didn't seem that Colangelo had any sort of back-up plan in place, one that could have been acted upon the moment it became obvious post-All-Star break that Bosh had his sights set on playing elsewhere the following season. Last year's All-Star break came much earlier too (the actual game was played on Valentine's Day) so that gave BC nearly two weeks to get such a plan in place and execute on it.

Instead, Bryan opted to play what I've referred to in the past as an extremely high-stakes game of poker with Bosh. He bluffed, holding nothing more than a pair of 6's, and lost. Remember, this is the GM who repeatedly assured fans and the media that he wasn't losing Bosh for "nothing," that he would definitely get some sort of asset in return.
I said this all along. Waited, waited, waited for him to trade Bosh, and he kept saying "we plan to build around bosh, blah bla blah". BC is garbage. Worse then Babcock.
highonpsi is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote