Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Garnett: "I'm far from dirty"
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Representing:
Default Garnett: "I'm far from dirty"

Quote:
“Look here, I don’t play for the Phoenix Suns,” Garnett said Friday during the interview session on All-Star Weekend’s first day. “I could care less what Spike or whoever else has to say about me. As long as Doc Rivers and my organization is happy with what I’m doing, I could care less.”

Run-ins with opponents (Joel Przybilla, Antonio McDyess, Zaza Pachulia, Jose Calderon, Francisco Elson) and even teammates (Wally Szczerbiak, Rick Rickert) have piled up, tarnishing Garnett’s legacy for some fans. After Garnett elbowed Miami’s Quentin Richardson last April, Chicago center Joakim Noah called him a “dirty” player. That word came up again Friday.

“I’m far from dirty. ‘Dirty’ is like ‘hate’ – don’t use that word,” Garnett said. “I’m competitive and I play hard. But don’t call me ‘dirty.’ Just like, if you dislike me, dislike me but ‘hate’ is a very strong word.”

Garnett, a future Hall of Famer and a player praised by his various coaches for his intensity, didn’t sound in any hurry to change his approach, though he did acknowledge softening it for “friendly” events such as the All-Star Game.

Garnett: I’m far from ‘dirty’ NBA.com | Hang Time Blog
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote