Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Miller doesn’t make cut for Hall finalists
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
bladeofBG
in a battle for Eeyore's soul! Save him! For the dark side hath cookies!

Representing:

I would think Reggie Miller (one of the best clutch players ever; 18years of memories), Tex Winter (inventor of the Triangle offense, which has been employed in all of MJ and Kobe's championship years; that's 11 rings total thus far), Mo Cheeks (was the league's all-time steals leader at one point, and was the floor general, leader and all-star of the '83 champions 76ers in a time when the Celtics & Lakers were perrenially dominant), Dick Bavetta (opened civil communication between players & refs during games), Marty Blake (scouting wouldn't be where its at now, w/o him), Arvydas Sabonis (best big man in Euroleague history, who would've been a perrenial all-star if he was in the NBA during his 20s), and Saruanas Marciulionis (most athletic guard in Euroleague history w/plenty game to boot; easily be kicking the league's ass if he was young & playing today; 1st ambidextrous player I ever saw) would all be 1st ballot Hall of Famers, for their awsome contributions to the game, and the growth of the game both in the NBA & internationally, because of them.

I agree that the Hall of Fame shouldn't induct just anyone who's played a lot of years or scored alot of points, but the following I mentioned were the best at what they did, and were the examples that paved the way for future generations to make for a better NBA and better basketball global community. How are the folk I mentioned not 1st ballot Hall of Fame worthy?

Last edited by bladeofBG; 02-18-2011 at 05:10 PM.
bladeofBG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote