Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - If the Pistons buyout Hamilton, could he be Boston bound?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 12:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCity View Post
claudius, they arent talking about a few mil...giving up close to 20 mil is asking a lot, especially given hes 33 and his physical abilities are diminishing....

and there is no way getting a championship with the celtics is going to solidify his legacy....i just dont see it...is it going to define JO's or Shaq's legacy if they wins a championship with the celtics? i dont think so....
How much money has Rip already made? He's got his.

Listen, if I had 30 million already in my account and I had the chance to win another championship, I don't think I'd hesitate. How many players don't even have the chance to get 1? He'd have a legit chance at another 1 and possibly 2.

Yeah, I'd take that in a second. And it is his legacy. Legacy to family. Legacy to the game. When you go back and you look at rosters of teams that win championships, you see the players names there. They'll ALWAYS be on that team. No one can take it away.

Who'll remember you signed a contract for x amount of dollars though?
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote