Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - What I DO NOT want to see tonight.
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 11:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
Benzo
hibernating

Retired Administrator

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Actually, I don't see the difference. What I see is two guys the FANS wanted to stay as Raptors. We built them up in our own minds as guys who'll always be Raptors etc. But what happened when Mo FIRST became a Free Agent. He tried to bolt but I believe Babcock re-signed him or met with his offer sheet. Williams at one point was complaining about playing time and for a mediocre player we gave him this 'warrior' label. Great.

Yet when they returned, and I'm going to point directly at Mo, we gave him a hero's reception.

And yet, here we are, saying boo the hell outta Bosh....why? Because he did what he was able to do? I understand a lot of people here hate Bosh for some unknown reason and frankly, I've never been his biggest supporter either, but this ridiculous notion that we need to boo out of our minds is incredibly laughable and just shows the immaturity of this fan base.

Also, pre-game, it's just a sign of respect. Go over, shake hands (like has been done MANY times before in other sports) and get it on. I'd be more pissed if a Raptor player helped Bosh up during a charging call or a hard foul or something like that. But before a game, where your just showing some respect? Nah, it isn't important enough to get angry over.
I don't disagree with most of that except the last paragraph. Hockey gets it right...you shake hands AFTER the game or in the playoffs AFTER the series. You cross centre before the game...you get pumped.

You should respect your opponent in your own mind. Don't show it to them.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote