Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Demar doesn't pass enough?
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 11:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
VanCity
is pounding

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
I've seen him look for guys to pass to more as the season progressed. What really bugs me though, is that so much about the Raptors offense promotes taking the first shot available. You'll see long stretches of one pass and a shot, with guys doing everything one-one-five sprinkled in there in good doses. There's not a lot of emphasis on options. Last game DeMar made a nice drive to the basket, only to find three defenders in the lane. OK great - so he'd done his job, and he had stayed away from being too aggressive only to get stuffed. But where were the options for him? There was nobody on offense reacting to what he was doing and making themselves available. I really hope that whole situation gets better before the season ends, because DeMar looks to be one of the more willing passers this team has.
exactly, thats why i brought up the talent around him....we just dont have any offensive threat...two of our main offensive threats (IMO) are horrid without the ball in their hands(barbosa & bargs)...he doesnt have much choice...

that being said, the stat is for passes, just passes, doesnt have to be an assist...so it really shoudnt be that hard to pass the ball around, its not like he can create shots for him....
VanCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote