Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Colangelo: We are clearly rebuilding, Jay doing a solid job
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 03:56 PM   #36 (permalink)
'trane
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISAM38 View Post
Yeah ,but JO wasnt even coming off a great rebounding season in Indiana when he went to Toronto, and Bosh was a better rebounder . Its just bad trades that dont make sense. U r rite bout drafting Hibbert, and it was only associated with the Indiana, but Toronto is soooo bad at making draft picks, that they need trades and giveaways to realize what a team we would have been if we had kept hibbert, or drafted Lamarcus Aldridge, or Brandon Roy.

toronto is not at all 'sooooo bad' at making draft picks. that's simply not true. i'm not sure, anyways, how a franchise can be bad at something like that. it's not like the macot makes that draft choices. it depends on what general manager and staff are in place at the time. colangelo has a very good trade record.

roy would have been a poor pick since he's pretty much done already, and aldridge was completely redundant at the time. gay is the only other reasonable choice at the time, and quite frankly i'm glad we're not the ones paying him a max salary right now.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote