Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Colangelo: We are clearly rebuilding, Jay doing a solid job
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 03:55 PM   #35 (permalink)
carp

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISAM38 View Post
He will be a franchise player in due time trust me, and hes not a 5-8 year project. Maybe in 2 or 3 years max from now , hes gonna be a reallly talented player that everyone is gonna wish they had. Unless BC is just delevoping his young talent and only young talent which is Demar and Ed- (Sonny is garbage, wayyyyyy too inconsitent and Amir aint that young)and then get rid of most of his players than maybe its a good plan. But if they plan to keep Bargnani theyre not gonna get anywhere. Were just gonna go in a continous loop of rebuilding, and rebuilding. Then maybe getting better for a few years , then rebuilding again. How much rebuilding can the raps go through. Since they joined the league , 16 years ago, they probably rebuilded around 4 times already. That is wayy too much. thats a rebuild every 4 years average.
I think you overhype Gordon.... who I also didn't say was a 5-8 year project. You go on to say Amir isn't that young, but he's 23. As far as rebuilding too often, I think you're taking things out of context and manipulating it in your mind to be different than it has actually been. You're talking about assuming that this franchise should have been competitive from the moment it appeared....
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote