Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Colangelo: We are clearly rebuilding, Jay doing a solid job
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 03:32 PM   #32 (permalink)
'trane
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISAM38 View Post
Thats not what im saying. They should pick up guys who they have strong feelings will help them become better instead of trading them a year later after signing them. Like honestly did we need Jermaine O'neal 2 years ago? It was such a stupid trade, and i would have rather kept our draft pick Roy Hibbert. Hes doin so well rite now in the league, whereas as JO is the third center off the bench in Boston. I guess i would have to agree that it is a bit unrealistic to just pick up a franchise player, but at least get some one who is good, and can make a huge difference.
everyone was asking for defense and rebounding, and bc went and got a guy who can defend and rebound. he suffered lots of injuries and didn't mesh with Bosh so he shipped him out. that was not a bad signing at the time, it just didn't work.

and hibbert was not our draft pick. we only selected him because that is who indiana requested in the trade. there is no evidence at all to support the idea that we would have picked hibbert if the oneal trade never happened.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote