Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Colangelo: We are clearly rebuilding, Jay doing a solid job
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 09:46 AM   #21 (permalink)
carp

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISAM38 View Post
I laugh when they say that Toronto is a "rebuilding" team, yet the raps have nothing to "build" around. Do u really think Bargnani is gnna help the Raptors make the playoffs in the future. Bargnani is a good player, and probably would be a keeper if he was on a team that made him come off the bench, but the fact that hes our best player doest help us in the future. The only players i would keep on this roster, is Derozan,Ed Davis, and maybe Barbosa(plays very well when healthy) Get a new cast of players and new coach , get a " promising franchise player" someone who is young could improve in the future greatly kinda like a westbrook or an eric gordon, get a couple of draft picks-on good players, and then can they start rebuilding. BC is gonna claim that this team is rebuilding for maybe a couple of years,and theres not gonna be much improvement. then perhaps we do get a bit better, a conflict will arise, which will just send us back to this "rebuilding" stage ppl are claiming we are currently in. this team was built around bosh. Without him, it doesnt fit together nicely , as our pretty record can tell.
Eric Gordon is a franchise player? Have you watched enough Clipper basketball? I think you're oversimplifying everything. You want to overhaul the roster (again), simply pluck who you want out of where you want, like it's EA sports.... the truth of the matter is that any major rebuild effort through the draft is a 5-8 year project, and it's not even a linear one. There will be times when everyone gets excited because it appears that we are turning a corner only to find that we're still very far away from being a perennial contender. At this point, all BC can do is stockpile talent, make efforts to develop that talent, and build towards a competitive culture. We're years away from being good.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote