Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Who should the Raptors draft?
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 12:15 PM   #56 (permalink)
EggsToTheBBQ
useless

Representing:

I keep investigating these options, and I think Terrence Jones might be the best pick. He could be available at where the Raptors will be picking, although, he is having an unbelievable year for Kentucky, and I have a feeling that he is likely to be a top 3 pick.

He's got great size for a SF, he has a big frame and is 6-8 6-9. He's got a much better all around game than Perry Jones. He's also further along in his development, so he should be a contributor (even a starter) from day one.

He is an excellent defender, rebounder, and shot blocker in college. Also, he's shown talent as a passer and playmaker.

His shot needs a lot of work, and he needs to work on his FT%. But, because he's so athletic and talented in other ways, even with those weaknesses he can still make a positive impact.

The comparisons I've seen compare him to Odom, but considering his frame (and the highlights I've seen) I'd compare him to LeBron. Obviously, he won't be the player that LeBron is, but he has the same type of game.
EggsToTheBBQ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote