Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Who should the Raptors draft?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 02:51 PM   #41 (permalink)
Scully
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorsandBuckeye FaN View Post
I'm a huge Sullinger fan as I am a Buckeye fan also.

Jared Sullinger is great. He according to reports dominated Baylor and Perry Jones in a private scrimmage before they year started. He has dominated every game he has played in. Like I said about him before he has the highest BB IQ coming out of the draft(due to coming from a BB family and playing BB since he was a baby). He can rebound. He is a perfect post player and can score down low. Not only that but he has a jumper also just doesn't use it that much cause he rather post up.

The only thing killing him is height. If he was 6-11 instead of 6-8ish he would be the #1 pick.
I don't think his size is huge issue. He is 19 you could make the argument he still could grow another inch. Putting him at pretty close to the avg for PF being 6'10(Griffen,Love, and Ed Davis). Plus he has width, which makes up for his lack of reach. Milsap is 6'8, and he still thrives. In very much the same role that Jared would be stepping in to. Compared to the height of Valanciunas 6'11 who will have zero paint presence (for at least his first 2 seasons) because his stick.
Scully is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote