Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Who should the Raptors draft?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 05:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
EggsToTheBBQ
useless

Representing:

I'll start with Perry Jones.

Perry Jones has had a great season this year with Baylor. He has perimeter skills, but is also strong in the post and on the glass. With his skill set he should be playing SF in the NBA.

He would give the Raptors a SF that has the length and quickness to defend his position. He could be a great fit with the Raptors since he could slide over to PF/C depending on the match ups, and could provide a strong presence inside and on the glass alongside Amir/Davis + Bargs (if the Raptors still have faith in Bargs).

He's been an exceptionally efficient scorer this year, which speaks highly of his shot selection and ability to get to the line. He has a ton of upside. His FT%, range and handle should get better with hard work and maturity. The Raptors coaching staff has had success with Bosh and Amir (somewhat similar players) in these areas.

I know that Irving could be a star in the NBA, but for me, having a player like Perry Jones at SF translates to more wins and deeper playoff runs than having an Irving at PG.

Last edited by EggsToTheBBQ; 02-13-2011 at 06:24 AM.
EggsToTheBBQ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote