Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Sam Mitchell
Thread: Sam Mitchell
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 02:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Scrub City

Sam Mitchell

Ok I'm new around here (even though I've been creeping for months) and I wanted to get a read on everyone's thoughts on Smitch.

I hate him.

Not as a person, but as a coach (his interviews are hilarious). There is a lot of talk around here about "oh will JO be the missing piece" "bargs has to get better" blah blah blah. None of this matters with Smitch on the bench. This team isn't going ANYWHERE as long as he is head coach, no matter who is on our roster.

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert or say I could do a better job than him, but I think he has to go and should have been fired after the Orlando series.

He doesn't know who to start, makes bad subs, doesn't take time outs to slow the game down when he should (the opposition is on a 10 point run and you HAD a 15 point lead - it's time to call a TO), seems to have no set offensive plays beyond pick and rolls and no defensive plays whatsoever. He isn't helping Bargs development either (this alone should be grounds for dismissal when you are stifling the development of a no. 1 pick). Kapono is also a waste under Mitchell's system.

I'm not saying he is the sole reason for all Raptor problems but he isn't helping at all. His coaching ability is at a (U.S.) high school level.

What do you all think? Why is BC keeping him on?
t-bag is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote