Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Headlines
Thread: Headlines
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 10:43 AM   #80 (permalink)
Ligeia
pensive

feat. Otto Neurath

Representing:

I don't know anyone currently living in Egypt; I only know ex-pats. I would guess that the US media is not focused on this issue because Egypt has basically told the West "Help stabilize our economy but stop trying to leech credit for overthrowing Mubarek; you didn't help us when we needed you, so stay out when we're finally doing it ourselves." Or at least that's what those from Egypt have indicated to me. They're offended by the US trying to get involved at this stage.

Insite (the safe injection site in Vancouver) really does work. I've been down Hastings and it is not a pretty sight. The insanity of it is that we do actually have good evidence to show that, even if there is nothing gained by safe injection programs, there is no additional harm. That should be a sufficient condition to at least lift the ban on such programs, and yet you have the CPC pushing longer mandatory minimums and less rehabilitation with each successive proposal.
Ligeia is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote