Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Embracing Basketball as a Team Sport
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
powerfulpanda

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brack View Post
Thank you for all of your feedback and I welcome the input, however my thought process behind Embracing basketball as a team sport is as follows:

Any development needs to go through its course of life cycle:

Example: Child

1. Needs to learn to crawl before walking
2. Needs to learn to walk before running

Part of finding identify is who we are as an organization and what works for the city of Toronto in the NBA Market:

Who would say no to “Carmelo playing in TDOT with CP3 and D12” – is that realistic?

I would like to see winning culture built through Embracing Basketball as a Team Sport:

a. When is the last time we made to the playoff 5 years in a row or 3 years in a row?
b. When is the last time we made it to the playoff and passing the 2nd round of playoffs 2 years in a row?

These should be our short term goals - in other word “Start to Crawl” before we walk

I believe we could achieve that by building a team instead of per say by embracing a guy “Vince” or “BOSH” which did not achieve these short term goals.

Instead these guys came and they made name for them self and left this city.

We all want superstars but nobody wants to come to Toronto, because we are not known for winning.

The idea that we need superstars to win in this league is not legit, think about this

If our record was 38 wins and 14 losses, I would take that any day over having superstars on this team. We need to embrace winning not individual’s, we need to embrace team by defining roles that suits our team needs rather than players who is playing for stats.

1. You know the dream team of US, whatever happens to that? Did they not get beaten?
2. You know the LA Lakers dynasty, whatever happens to that? Did they not get beaten by [Detroit, San Antonio] which is more of a team.

I am looking forward to feedback!!!!!
ur idea of a embracing a "team" rather then have a star and surround him, that could get us in the playoffs because the east is so weak at the bottom. heck we were in the hunt before we went on that 13 game losing streak. but no way would that get us to the second round.
look at the playoff teams and then look at the potential 2nd rounders. how many of those teams follow ur blueprint? none i would say
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote