Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Garbo: "For me to be here is a dream realized"
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 08:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
a dick

Originally Posted by Ugo Ferst View Post
We told him not to go play and then he went and got hurt, yet everyone still has love for him? But TJ plays with a career/life threatening injury, and everyone hates him? Double standard?
Not everyone. What got me is that when he declined to having surgery and entered the season not on his top level he whined and complained about not getting minutes. That was a total disgrace.

I don't hate TJ either. In fact I'm still a fan of his and I will be cheering for him in Indiana. I hope he blows up with a huge all-star level season. I hope he rubs it in the faces of the haters in Toronto for the next decade.

Originally Posted by FlashDWade3 View Post
Garbo: Hard working hustler and doesn't complain.
TJ: Demanding and injury-proned.
Sure they both got injured but who did more?
What? Am I imagining things? Didn't he complain for the entire duration that he was active last season? He complained a lot and it was more detrimental to the team than TJ suggesting that he wanted to start. TJ didn't bitch to the press like Garbo, he simply answered their questions. Jorge was so poorly conditioned and yet he whined to anyone who would listen about how he wasn't getting enough time. Then finally they forced him out for the year...Thank God.

Ugo is right, its a classic double standard. TJ got raped by the media and unfairly bashed by a group of fans because he stood in the way of their "Golden Boy" from getting more minutes.

Last edited by Apollo; 08-15-2008 at 09:06 PM.
Apollo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote